Why Journalism?

 I have changed my major more times than I can count. I think it is hard to know at such a young age what you want to do for the rest of your life, and how to feel like you're making an impact.

I always wanted to make a difference in the world, ever since I was a little kid. No matter how small that "difference" would be to others, I loved the feeling of doing things for the benefit of other people.

My first major was Special Education, then I changed to Psychology, then finally switched to Journalism. I chose Journalism because I always loved writing and telling stories through photographs and film. Growing up, I would go on trips or vacations with my family and then spend all night after editing a video together to a trendy song and showing it to everyone I knew.

I didn't do it to gain followers or fame, as I was always a little scared of the spotlight and still am. I did it because it helped me remember special moments in my life, and let other people experience it too. 

My dream has always been to work for National Geographic, as I love animals and want to encourage others to respect them and their homes. But I would be happy shooting anything as long as I have a camera in my hand. The other possible vision for my future is to be in filmography, and either work on movies or shoot content for brands. 

From this course, I'm hoping to understand more of my rights as a writer, and where they came from. I've never been good at history, and hope to if not retain it, understand what my rights are and how they came to be. 




Comments